In a press announcement, Empire Resorts released the name of the $1.2 billion four-season
destination resort located in Sullivan County – Resorts World Catskills.
Last month, a subsidiary of Empire entered into a license agreement to rebrand the resort casino, formerly referred to as Montreign Resort Casino, as a Resorts World property.
The name, chosen to combine the allure of the Catskills with the prestige of worldwide casino and hospitality brand pays homage to the Catskills region of New York where Sullivan County is located. The Catskills region, Sullivan, Ulster, Greene and Delaware counties, is known for the crisp mountain air, fresh food, and year-round resort destination of choice for New Yorkers.
“This recognized worldwide gaming and hospitality brand will provide us greater power to market our resort casino, which is designed to meet 5-star and 5-diamond standards, and provide regional, national and international exposure for the Catskills region,” said Emanuel Pearlman, Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of Empire.
Resorts World Catskills is expected to open in March 2018. For more information, visit Resort World Catskills.
Resorts World Catskills Fast Facts
- 100,000 sq. ft. casino – 130 table games, poker room, 2,150 slot machines
- 332 all-suite hotel rooms
- 10 bar and restaurant options providing both casual and upscale experiences
- Spa and salon, 2 pools, 2 fitness centers
- Conference, meeting rooms, and banquet facilities
- 2,000+ seat theater with live entertainment, two casino bars, entertainment restaurant and Italian steakhouse
- Entertainment Village to open late 2018 with additional entertainment, food and accommodations
- Rees Jones-redesigned 18-hole golf course debuts Spring 2019